Friday, July 24, 2009

Strange Heroes


Strange Heroes, 2009. 30" x 40". collage on cardboard.

Strange heroes is a collage of sketches drawn when I was in middle/ high school. They depict comic book heroes, robots, warriors, and odd characters. I also included some army lists from Warhammer which I made hundreds of regardless of whether or not I actually collected the army. I glued the pages from my sketchbook onto chipboard and painted over them with acrylic. Over this I drew fighting forms in oil pastel. I also drew a list of weapons with which the embattled can choose to pick from. In the lower left corner is a list of things commonly fought about. Together these elements collide to form the visions of war in an adolescent mind.

2 comments:

  1. DOOOD! I love this! I recognize many of the DRAW'RINGS from various sketch books over the years, keep it up brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you liked it, you cheeky little monkey.

    ReplyDelete