Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Card 2010


Christmas Card, 2010. digital work, illustrator & photoshop.

This is my first attempt at using Adobe Illustrator. I put the text on the card in Photoshop. I like to read the magazine "Digital Artist" which has really excellent guides done by working artists' that give step by step advice on a piece they've created. I used one to do this wintertime scene here. Illustrator is a pretty daunting program and the other couple of times I've tried to use it I've closed the program in digust w/o any thing to show for it. But I picked up a 'classroom in a book' for the program and used a more level head to try and wade through the example from the Digital Artist mag.

I think it turned out pretty well and I'm very excited at the potential I now have with the vector based program. Hopefully more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment