Friday, January 28, 2011

Crest of Sir Odeon de Lyon


Crest of Sir Odeon de Lyon, 2011. Digital vector art. Illustrator CS2.

So I've had about a month of using illustrator and I have to admit I love it! I wish I had taken a few classes for it in school. This is the crest of a knight (who has gone through a name change after some research about Lyon, France) who lives in a place that no longer has war. I wrote a little intro to the story so here it is:

Atwain the apex o’ the sun
And zenith o’ the moon
Midmorn breaks it’s sunny yolk
Upon the day yellow festoon’d
Atop yon blades o’ grass
Bitten by dew
Our vernal hero trods
With challenges anew
We lay our scene in provincial France
Capitol of Gauls
Where wars doth end
Held captive to enthrall
For countryside and surround’d lands
Swim only in peace, prosperity, and merriment
All knights, soliders, and mercs must quit
Thy shore of gainful employment

The story will be told in a Sunday newspaper comics style. More to come hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment