Monday, September 12, 2011

Series -- Lost in a Forest



----- S C I P I O G A L L E R Y -----
400 Zama Street / Denver, CO 80238
Friday 7-12 +++++++ Sat & Sun 12-5

This series is titled after a song called 'A Forest' by the Cure. The other titles of the paintings come from lines in John Keat's poems 'Ode to a Nightingale' and 'Addressed to Haydon'. The work's focus is on being lost in life without direction and still being able to find the beauty therein. At times it is scary and tumultuous, this disorienting sojourn we walk through our existence, hopefully it ends well. I have seemed to experienced a fullness and privation in my short life and as I cling to art to hide from the loss of a life that might have been in architecture, art has liberated that shackled architect buried deep inside Elysian fields and my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment