Saturday, February 27, 2010

Georgian Gothic -- Squidbillies


Squidbillies, 2010. 18" x 24". acrylic on canvas.

This was done for my sister, who asked that I paint one of our favorite shows for her apartment. The north Georgia family's portrayal is dead on and anyone that has lived in the state can attest to the zany ignorant behavior that is all too real. The actual studio where the voice actors record their lines for the cartoon is only a stone's throw from my apartment. Unknown Hinson has a bit of cult following outside of the show and is quite a personality, I recommend watching him as well as the Squidbillies show. This is only some fan art and I don't own or claim any rights to Squidbillies or the properties therein. Please don't sue me, I am of the unemployed persuasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment